Name :-Nishant Choubey
Signature Dish(es) :-Aachari rajma ki khichdi, Wasabi kulfi, Jamun chat, Jamun kanji, & Mahua jam
Awards & Recognitions :-Chef of the year 2017, Silver Medal at Bocus D Or, International cook offs - Kenya, Bangkok(Indus), South Africa, Argentina, Spain & Japan(Ghungroo Restaurant)
Favourite Restaurant(s) :-Andhra Bhawan
Favourite Dessert(s) :-Kalakand cheese cake
Favourite Drink(s) :-Blue tea mohito
What inspired you to become a chef ?
I became chef by default as i come from a family of academicians. I always wanted to do something different. My emotions to become chef is to break the myth of chefs profile in the country. Today I can see that happening slowly but gradually.
What is the one cuisine that you are most comfortable cooking?
Enjoy the most- New World cuisine is my sheer interest, but post my Bangkok pop up with food legend an Honorary Dr puspesh pant , I started enjoying cooking the food of my roots, which is going back or lost recipes in the most sustainable environment.
When are you happiest at work?
When I create a dish and its admired by guests. the feedback is important be it positive or negative. Also I am extremely happy to deliver under adverse circumstances, all my international cook offs have skinned best out of me. I work under pressure and the essence of success is immense.
What have been the key drivers for the success of your journey?
Passion, Hardwork , Sincerity, Positive attitude and Team work.
Do you have any advice for someone wanting to become a chef?
Be committed always, there is no short cut to success. Passion is the key and never get relaxed .
ABOUT Nishant Choubey | The Roaseate | New Delhi |
Nishant Kumar Choubey
Nishant Choubey comes from a family of academicians. He did his schooling from kendriya vidyalaya & Bokaro steel city. Graduated from Bhopal catering college. His first appointment was with the Oberoi group of hotels, Rajvilas Jaipur. Where he worked for over two years. After he left Oberoi, he joined Jumeirah group as part of the pre-opening team for Madinat Jumeirah.
Post spending three years with Jumeirah he joined olive and was involved with olive bar and kitchen Mehrauli. He was again a part of the pre-opening team for olive beach, Japanese restaurant Ai and lap. Before joining Dusit Devarana New Delhi he worked at the celebrity restaurant Cibo.
Cooking for him is giving a gourmet experience to my esteemed guest. He always allow my food to speak for my repertoire.
Specialized Training and Achievements: –
Selected for Southern US training by Southern Foods Program in 2010.
- Won 1stprize at the Bocus d’ Or competition held at Ashoka Hotel – December – 2009.
- Master Chefs Classes at the World Gourmet Summit (Rising Stars of the Century), Singapore (April 2006), attended by the top 12 Chefs from around the Globe.
- International Restaurant Exposure Tour (December 2007): Visited 20 Italian and Mediterranean restaurants in the Middle East.
- Master Chefs Classes at the world Gourmet Summit, Singapore (April 2000), attended by the top 12 Chefs from around the Globe.
- Presently doing a programme on Zee Business called as THE GREAT CHEFS OF INDIA.
- Cooked for gourmet gurus of India which was sponsored by FOOD AND NIGHTLIFE MAGAZINE.
- Won gold medal at Aahar 2013 in the innovation category.