ABOUT Dr. Soundararajan | Corporate Executive Chef | Mahindra Holidays And Resorts India Ltd.
Dr. Chef Soundararajan, General Secretary of Indian Federation of Culinary Associations and the Corporate Executive Chef of Mahindra holidays and Resorts India Ltd. No wonder, he serves as an advisor for several Hotel Management colleges in India. He is also holding along with Chef Sanjay Thakur, Guinness book of world records for creating a restaurant at the highest altitude of the earth
As the IFCA General Secretary, he has committed and dedicated himself to the cause of World Chefs. He has spearheaded the first WACS Certification Program and participated in the WACS Certification Pilot Program in India.
He conceptualized and successfully executed Mumbai’s most popular French and Italian restaurant “Al Fresco”. He was the Chef Culinaire for various occasions in churning out designer cuisine during the launch of Meher Castellino’s Fashion Kaleidoscope at Hotel Guestline, Mumbai, Miss India 1995- 96 and launch of the Verve magazine to name a few.
His long list of professional accomplishments include
– To represent India at the 31st World Culinary Congress, Dublin to get membership of WACS
– First Indian to present Indian cuisine at the prestigious Gourmet Epicenter, The Culinary Institute of America
– He is the first chef in India to be awarded the Honorary Doctorate for his efforts to bring glory and credit to the profession.
– Recipient of the National Award as the Best Chef of India from the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India,
– Earned a Certificate in World Cuisine from the Culinary Institute of America
– Received the Prestigious Fellowship from the St. Nicholas University, Louisiana, USA
– Member of the World Chefs Global Education Committee – One of the 8 members in the Global Culinary education committee
– Honorary Member of the Chefs Guild of Lanka, Honorary Member of the Emirates Culinary Guild, Honorary Member of the Saudi Arabian Chefs Association
– Author of Book Essential Culinary guide accepted as the text book in leading institutions
– He is also the Professor Emeritus, Chef Mentor at Dr MGR Educational Institute University based at Chennai, India.
He is a great inspiration for several young chefs of India; as an honorary member of WACS will enable him to make immense contribution to culinary fraternity in India